Monday, June 2, 2008

More for My Mom

Here's a continuation of fun that doesn't include any intake of food or beverage.

While walking around with Jon and Sarah yesterday trying to figure out what to do (which we never did, and all went home), we randomly walked past Madison Square Garden, pictured below.


To be honest I though it was ugly. A very uninspiring circle of brown and gray, I barely even noticed it until we were standing under the giant flashing screen hanging off the side of the building.

Today I went to Central Park for the first time. I had been to the borders of the park a few times but hadn't really ventured inside yet. It's nuts how your surroundings within the park can be so polar opposite from the mass of concrete and steel outside of the park.

The first thing I came across was the Central Park Zoo, which to be honest I had forgetting even existed. I didn't go in because I didn't want to look like the loneliest person in Manhattan, just wandering around the zoo by myself.

However the seal tank was right along the fence, so I took a picture. Look mom, New York seals!

Next I walked down this decently scenic path as I was on my way to absolutely nowhere. It looked nice, enjoy...


OoOoOo that's nice to look at, buildings and wilderness...

No comments: