Friday, May 23, 2008

First City Brunch (Sunburnt Cow)

Sunday morning was my first experience of Brunch in the city, which was a thoroughly enjoyable meal. We ate at the Sunburnt Cow, a small bar and restaurant owned and operated by really friendly Aussies.

We sat in the back, which had a retractable roof that was opened, revealing a canopy of huge trees. The brunch menu had about 10 items on it, and for $15 you could choose any one item, as well as enjoy unlimited mimosas, bloody marys, screwdrivers, champagne, and beer. Yeah, that’s not a lie. Fifteen dollars.

So I ordered the Eggs Benedict (called the Bush Benedict).


See, normally I really enjoy bacon, but for some reason I was disappointed when I saw the plate come out with bacon instead of the standard Canadian bacon. I was really in the mood for CB on my benedict, but the bacon was crispy and soaked in egg yolk so I didn’t mind. The bottomless mimosa in front of me also helped to distract.

Next time I go I’m going to try a burger, which comes out stacked 8” high, complete with a freshly poached egg. When I saw the burger come out I immediately regretted my brunch dish of choice. Not that the benedict wasn’t tasty. I’ll put up a picture of the burger next time I go to the Sunburnt Cow.

All together, it was a good first brunch experience.

No comments: